Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
FUMJ is an open-access journal supported by article processing charges (APCs). Currently, all APCs are covered by the publisher, Foundation University Islamabad. Therefore, there are no publication or submission charges/fees for authors whose work is accepted for publication in FUMJ. All articles published by FUMJ are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers.
Currently, FUMJ does not charge any subscription fee and provides journal copies free of charge to universities, institutes, libraries, and professionals across Pakistan. Institutions/organizations/individuals from Pakistan, interested in a subscription to the printed version can forward their request at the official email address i.e., email@example.com for a free
subscription. Overseas Institutions/organizations/individuals can forward the request for quotation to the official email address and only shipping charges will be applicable.
Note: All subscription requests will be evaluated, the editor has the right to approve, decline or discontinue any subscription.
Section default policy
OPEN-ACCESS / LICENSING POLICY
Foundation University Medical Journal is an open-access journal under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial 4.0 (CC BY-NC 4.0) license. This permits users to:
Share – Copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
Adapt – Remix, transform, and build upon the material.
Under the following terms:
Attribution – You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use of the material. Non-commercial – You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
No additional restrictions – You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.